Why Vegan Weight Loss Is The Way To Go – Vegan Weight Loss Advice
There are so many diets out in the world today that it is easy to get frustrated and confused regarding which one is suitable for your needs. If it is sustainable and easy weight loss that you are after, and you don’t want to eat low-calorie diet food that leaves you feeling deprived (and often tastes shocking!), then the vegan diet is perfect for you. Let’s explore this diet to find out (1) why weight loss will occur, and (2) how you can speed-up your success on this diet.
Why Weight Loss Will Occur On The Vegan Diet:
Vegan foods do not have the “addictive” tendency like most foods today. Many people are hooked on fast food with its fatty meats and sugary, flavoured dairy products. Vegan foods are a lot more natural than the addictive man-made meals today, and consist primarily of vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes and whole-grains. After a person eats a meal consisting of these foods, they feel satisfied and ‘at peace’ afterwards, rather than ‘voracious’ and ‘wanting more.’ Therefore, since vegan foods create a calm-eating effect, it is easy to lose weight on the vegan diet without going crazy!
Full Of Fiber
Many of the meals today are stripped of their fiber (and all other goodness). This is why so many people experience a “hunger feeling” only an hour or so after their meal. On the vegan diet however, nutrients are kept in their optimal quantities, including fibre. In fact, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes and whole-grains are all super high in fibre – so feeling hungry after a normal-sized vegan meal is unheard of! This is why the vegan diet is so great – you will be able to experience weight loss without having to go through the daily “hunger pains” that most folk experience on any other diet.
More Food. Less Calories!
Natural foods from mother-nature are low in calories, which means that you can enjoy your fruits and vegetables, legumes and whole-grains in larger portions if you desire. Of course, you need to be sensible when it comes to the quantity of oil which you use for cooking, since oil is fat, and fat is high in calories. But go ahead and feast on a huge platter of fresh fruits and vegetables. Your energy will sky-rocket and your waistline will still be happy!
How to Speed Up Your Weight Loss On the Vegan Diet
Some people unknowingly sabotage their weight loss on the vegan diet. Although most folk have no trouble at all shedding unwanted body fat on this diet – some folk do have trouble. The following pointers will help to ensure that your body’s ability to lose weight on the vegan diet is at is optimal state!
(1) Measure out your olive oil when cooking and never pour it into your meal in a “free-spirited” manner!
(2) Eat no more than ½ an avocado per day
(3) Eat no more than 1 or 2 serves of nuts per day
(4) Steer away from vegan junk food. Instead, get into the habit of cooking your own vegan baking recipes. This way, you can ensure that your snacks are healthy and you can monitor the amount of fat that you put into your food. Eating too much vegan junk food is the most common reason why folk do not lose weight on the vegan diet. Whether it be chips, cookies, vegan bars, vegan chocolate bars, supermarket dips, crackers, soft drinks, and the like – you should only be eating these foods as a treat twice a week – maximum! You need to get into the habit of finding your own low-calorie vegan baking recipes and freezing them for a quick, healthy on-the-go snack.
(5) Try juicing or making your own smoothies for a healthy, nutritious and very-satisfying breakfast or snack.
(6) Walk everywhere and exercise as much as you can! You should try to get your body moving as much as you can – regardless of which diet you are on!
It is not difficult to lose weight on the vegan diet. So many folk you go on the vegan diet inadvertently lose weight – without planning or expecting to do so! So as long as you make obvious sensible decisions such as avoiding vegan junk food, and monitoring the amount of oil, nuts and avocado that you consume – weight loss will naturally occur. Certainly, weight loss on the vegan diet is the way to go!